This 20 hour Ohio Armed Security Training course fulfills all state requirements to obtain your OPOTC Private Security Firearms Certificate. In order to pass this course, students must be able to demonstrate the following as mandated by Ohio law:
- Basic marksmanship
- Handling firearms properly.
- Range safety, including how to properly load & unload a handgun.
- Ability to explain how to handle ammunition safely.
- Ability to explain proper storage practices of of both handguns and ammunition.
- Ability to to explain the rules of safe handling of a handgun.
Along with the skills above, students in this 20 hour OPOTA class will be taught the principles of Ohio CHL Law (Concealed Handgun License Law). Completion of this course will also qualify students to apply for a CCW Permit at their local Sheriff’s Office.
20 Hr OPOTA Class Requirements:
- Absolutely no ammunition is allowed in the classroom at any time. Please leave all ammunition in your vehicle
- Ball caps optional
- Handgun & 100 rounds of ammunition.
- Photo ID (driver license, state-issued ID, or passport)
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must not be under indictment or been convicted of a felony in the U.S. or elsewhere
- Must not be convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence
- Not under court order (i.e. order of protection, harassment, etc.)
- Must not be a fugitive from justice
- Must not be a user of or addicted to any controlled substance
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces
- Have never renounced U.S. citizenship
- Do not suffer from mental illness and have not been adjudicated mentally incompetent or committed to a mental institution
What to bring:
- Revolver or Semi-auto Pistol: 9mm, 10mm, 40cal, 45cal, .38special
- Minimum 200 rounds of ammunition.
- Eye & ear protection.
Firearm holster/duty belt
- Do not bring loaded firearm into the training academy. Keep ammunition locked in your vehicle and only bring your secured unloaded handgun into the classroom.
What you will receive:
Upon the successful completion of this 20 HR OPOTA Class you will received a signed Certificate of Completion by an Ohio Police Officers Training Commission (OPOTC) Certified Instructor at Bee-Safe.